2 1/2 pounds (1.13 kilos) potatoes (or 3 pounds for less spicy potatoes)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or 2 garlic cloves, minced)
2 teaspoons dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 teaspoon salt (I like things salty and use more)
- Preheat the oven to 450 °F (230 °C). Pour the olive oil onto a rimmed cookie sheet. Add the spices and mix with the olive oil. Some people prefer to mix the oil, spices and potatoes in a bag but I prefer the other way as it doesn’t dirty up a bag.
- Clean the potatoes and slice the potato into even wedges. Put the potatoes on the cookie sheet and use your hands to coat the potatoes with the olive oil mix.
- The baking time will vary depending on how big your wedges are. I usually bake mine for 20 minutes, take them out of the oven to flip them, and bake for another 10 – 15 minutes. If you want them crispier, bake them for a few minutes longer.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Eat immediately or at room temperature.
Credit: Texanerin Baking