- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 large green pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon dry rosemary
- 1 tablespoon Portuguese chicken spice
- 1.5 kg chicken pieces
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups turnip greens
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- In a large pot, heat the oil. Add the chopped onions, carrot and peppers. Fry until until onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic and all the spices. Fry for a minute but don’t burn the garlic.
- Add the chicken spices and stir to coat the pieces with the spice mix.
- Cook for two to three minutes before adding the chopped tomatoes.
- Season with chicken spice, pepper and rosemary.
- Close the lid and simmer on low heat for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the turnip greens. Let the curry simmer for another 2 -3 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and some turnip greens before serving.