2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried ground cinnamon
2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon dried ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon dried ginger
1/2 teaspoon dried ground cloves
4 large eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
1 (15-ounce) can solid packed pumpkin
8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pound powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, oil, sugar, and pumpkin. Gradually add the dry ingredients to egg mixture and blend well.
- Pour the batter into an ungreased jelly roll pan (17x12x1) and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare to frost by beating together all frosting ingredients until smooth. Frost cake. Store in the refrigerator.
Credit: World Of Cooking