12 cups flour
12 teaspoons baking powder
500g cold butter or margarine
2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla or caramel essence
300ml vanilla custard(ultramel or any other brand)
100ml inkomazi(sour milk)
1 or 2 cups raisins( baker mix)
- Sift all the dry ingrendients into a mixing bowl, add ur butter then mix till it resembles bread crumbs, add ur raisins and mix well.
- Add beaten eggs and vanilla then add ur vanilla custard and inkomazi then mix well.i used a drinking glass to cut out the shape.
- Brush with egg wash( egg mixed with a bit of milk or water or caramel essence). Bake at 180 till it is golden brown.
- NB: pre heat oven for about 30minutes before baking
- For the shiny glaze: i mix 1tablespoons apricot jam with 1/4 cup warm water and brush ur scones as soon as they come out of the oven. Hhappy baking!
Source: Nikki Cindy Stemmer